Jul 7, 2004

The annual cold

Ever since I was a little kid, I have gotten sick on my birthday. Usually it is just a cold (and yesterday was no exception), but the year I turned 10 my annual illness was a stomach rebellion instead. That birthday started out really well: my mom drove my friends and me out to a local stable, and we got to pet the horses and be led around on them for a while, and then we sat out in the grass and had cake and presents. For some reason which I have long since forgotten, and even though I had never actually tried it before, I had asked my mom to get strawberry cake, instead of something normal.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

Yup, I threw up in the car on the way home. I think I had the foresight to roll down the window at least, but still...party foul. The car went silent, and then my friends got all "Ew, gross!" I was sick the rest of the day, and needless to say, my party did not get good PR at school the following Monday.

I was telling all this to my boss today and he thinks it must be psychosomatic. That makes sense, which is embarrassing. What kind of a person gets so stressed out about her birthday that she makes herself ill? Especially as a child? I must've been one cool kid. (Except not.)

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home