Sep 16, 2004

Hi, I am Mr. Bean

At my gym there are these big rubber bins for used towels. Last night I went to throw my towel in, but it was in the same hand as my umbrella, and due to a lack of fine motor coordination I accidentally let go of both items. Which was not so bad; the bin was pretty empty so I figured that it was safe to reach back in for the umbrella. Now, with one hand I was carrying a lot of random things, so I reached in with the other arm, the one my open handbag was wedged under. Since I am short, I leaned waaaay over...

Estupido! Soy muy estupido! One inch away from rescuing my umbrella I heard the tinkling of my entire purse contents hitting the bottom of the bin. Yup. Now I had to reach in there, to the very very bottom, and save my wallet, keys, phone, 42 tubes of lipstick, and all the jewelry I had taken off. Did I mention that the bin was for used towels? Yeeeaaaah.

This was SO typical of me. How do I get myself into these situations? I swear, I am like a cartoon character sometimes. Someone should follow me around with a camcorder and sound effects reel, and document all my pratfalls to the accompaniment of bloopy noises. It would totally sell.

|