Aug 23, 2004

Dental surgery is underrated

So, the wisdom teeth thing was shockingly easy. I almost think the surgeon just put me out and read the paper for a few minutes before waking me back up. Seriously, I didn't have any pain, partially because he made one whole side of my face totally numb, from my lip to my ear, for about 6 hours afterwards. I had been warned about this, but it freaked me out anyway. All afternoon I kept gingerly poking my face and it felt like rubber.

Anyway, I spent Thursday through Sunday lying on my ass, watching 5.3 billion hours of TV and movies. That is some tough work right there, and I was forced to fortify myself with mashed potatoes, pudding, macaroni and cheese, and matzo ball soup. I swear I must be the only person ever who has dental surgery and eats such unhealthy foods they gain weight while recuperating. I mean, honestly. That's just sad.

But four-day-weekends rock! I caught up on crossword puzzles and sorted out a big load of old clothes for Goodwill, in between my Dawson's Creek reruns.

Also it was not so bad being at the home of my mom and stepdad. They are weird, and getting weirder as time goes on, but I probably am as well. If I can remember it all, I'm going to post the "conversation" I had with my mom in the car on the way home from the surgery. It proves, once and for all, that my mom is actually a visitor from another planet.

|