Sep 21, 2004

Politics is (not necessarily) showbiz for ugly people

I have been in the presence of greatness! People, come from near and far to touch my arm, the arm that has shared airspace with greatness! I am talking about the man, the myth, the legend...George. George Stephanopoulos.

Yes, it is true. I passed him on the street not one hour ago. I have wanted to run into him for like a year now, and I had it all planned out. I would tell him that I read his book and really liked it, and that I identified with how torn he felt between his loyalty to Bill Clinton and his desire to be good and honest in his public persona. And he would be so charmed by my youthful ingenue-ness and earnestness, not to mention my hotness, that he would ask me out for coffee and then we would be boyfriend and girlfriend. George + Sup = LUV 4 EVA!

Oh, but that's not what happened. What really happened was, my boss and I were walking together and he suddenly muttered, "Here comes your boyfriend." My head snapped up and I scanned the crowd coming toward us. Eeeee! George! He was so cute and small. He had on a little suit and everything. Adorable. Talking on a cell phone. I actually made an "eeee!" sound, which was muffled by my fist, which was stuffed into my mouth. I don't know if George saw/heard this, or if he really was intrigued by my, you know, hotness, but he smiled at me. For real. Yes he did too! Don't even start.

This is my biggest Star Sighting Moment since I won that radio contest and got to have my photo taken with Jared Leto's arm around me. That was hot.

|