Oct 19, 2004

Yeah, I'm a scanner addict.

Remember the other week when I said that my boss had come back to work still pissed about the phone thing, and I called my dad and he gave me a really nice pep talk? Well, a few days ago I got this card in the mail from him, along with some money for my grad school savings:

front

Now, this is a happy card, for a happy event. But the thing is, I think he must have bought a pack of these from Target or something, because he sent me another one about a year ago. So apparently he has a small pile of them somewhere, and he breaks one out every so often as a "general occasion card" or something. Which just cracks me up.

Now here is the best part. This was the inside:

inside

HE JUST CROSSED OUT THE "IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY" LINE AND ADDED HIS OWN MESSAGE! (He wrote "[My name] - Keep your head up - I'm proud of you. Love Dad," in case you could not decipher his penmanship.)

Oh my god, it is just too funny. I mean, generally men have a pretty bad reputation as far as sending little tokens, right? Like that stereotype about the wife sending out all of the birthday and holiday cards, writing a nice note, and adding "and Bob" to the bottom. So I think it's really sweet that he took it upon himself to send me this. Plus the crossing-out of the printed message is such a Dad-like thing to do.

Thanks Dad! I will keep my head up.

|