Jul 14, 2004

Yeah! Awesome art show

Recently, two of my pieces went up in a group show at a gallery here in DC. It was a pretty awesome thing - my first real art show. And this was going to be the last week of the exhibition, culminating in Third Thursday, which is where all the galleries in the neighborhood stay open late and have schmoozing and boozing.

But! I have just gotten news from the gallery director that in the past week, there has been a flurry of media coverage and interest in the show. Apparently, it will be reviewed in the Post this week, a fancy department store wants to exhibit it, and a local arts organization is interested in sponsoring it to become a traveling exhibition! Holy crap! I feel so ridiculously lucky to be part of such a success, especially for my first show.

Even more good news: As a follow-up to my last post, everything in my bathroom is now working fine.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home