Aug 27, 2004

And P.S., cut your damn hair!

After work yesterday my giant headache and I went with a friend to see We Don't Live Here Anymore. Have you seen this yet? Here is a review. I would put it in the same category as Boys Don't Cry or Monster, in that all three are both very good and very painful.

I know a lot of people have enormo crushes on Mark Ruffalo, and if you are one of those people, I would advise that you not see this movie, as his character was the assiest evilest manipulative cruel jackass ever. He sucked. There were at least three scenes in which my friend had to hold me back from, like, flinging myself upon the giant screen and clawing his screen-eyes out. ("How dare you speak to your wife that way! Take that, you cowardly, bastardly...screen! GAH!!!")

The sex scenes were pretty good though, I have to say. They were realistic enough that you don't see them and think (in a tiny voice inside your head) "Oh, is that how it was supposed to go?" but they were still very hot.

But Mark Ruffalo had SO MUCH DAMN HAIR, people! (On his head. I am not going to go into Peter Krause's chest hair, even though it was a Man Coat, because he is my husband.) In one sex scene with Naomi Watts, she is grabbing at his hair a lot, and afterwards he literally looks like a lion. He has a serious afro. It rivals that of Napoleon Dynamite.

But it's a very interesting movie. I am glad I saw it with someone, because afterwards I was all churned up inside and I had to talk a lot. Personally I think it would be a good date movie, in the sense that you could get into some really thorough issues with the other person. Like, for example, if I saw it with a guy and afterwards he said he could understand why Mark Ruffalo's character said and did a lot of the things he did, I would know to cut my losses and go home, because that guy and I would probably have very different ideas of how you should treat your loved ones. And also, because that guy would be a fucktard. Anyway, if you see it, let me know what you think.

|