Aug 31, 2004

O what a beautiful morning

Last night the ceiling in my bathroom started leaking. I was just hanging out and suddenly there was a great ruckus ("Could you describe the ruckus, sir?"). Careful inspection revealed that the water was coming out of the light fixture(!) above, and it was really coming down, too, like somewhere between a trickle and a gushing. I went to the apartment above me, and this shirtless wet boy opened the door. He looked like Chad Michael Murray of the WB fame (shut up. My teen-soap-watching knows no bounds.).

*angels sing as the heavens part*

My first thought was, "Why am I here again? Oh yes, the ceiling! Ahem." He was very nice about it all. He offered to call the emergency maintenance number (my second thought: "We have emergency maintenance?") and then a little while later he came down to my apartment to tell me that he had left a message, and, in case they came in the middle of the night, did I want to give him my number so that he could warn me?

Why, yes. Yes I did.

He said he had only just moved in yesterday! Poor guy. I told him that this was the worst thing that had ever gone wrong in my apartment, and that the building was not in fact constructed from paper and duct tape. It was pretty late so he left soon after, and was very cute and kept apologizing needlessly. So I think I will go upstairs tonight to thank him for his help and see if he'd like to go for a drink in the neighborhood. Keep your fingers crossed for me and hot shirtless boy!

In other news, apparently overnight it became fall.

In other other news, my boss is being all lovely and friendly today. His wife and kids are out of town and he's bored being home alone, so he is taking me out for beer and pool after work.

It is SUCH a good day.

|