Sep 30, 2004

My heart will go on

Enough with the rantings and the babies. For now. (Maybe I am so whacked-out because I've gone off the pill? That must be it. Everything can be blamed on hormones! Thank god.)

Now I am going to talk about the fact that I've been having chest pains since last night. Chest pains! Sharp pain when I inhale too deeply. And I am 25! 25! Way too young to die of a massive coronary! Plus I went to the gym last night. People who go to the gym do not die of massive coronaries at 25! I'm not going to see a doctor about it, because I've had this many times before and I haven't died from it yet. I once brought it up during a physical, and since my mom says she has a mild heart murmur, the doctor tested me for those, including one that can only be detected when you are squatting down. At the end she said I did not have one, and that the pains are probably not my actual heart hurting, but my chest muscles. Like from tension or stress or something. That made me feel a little bit better. (Maybe chest pain, too, can be attributed to going off the pill? Damn pill, I am glad to be rid of ye!)

Other than not being able to breathe deeply for fear of exploding my heart, things are fine. It's almost Friday. It's almost October, actually, so that means SEVEN MONTHS until I can blow this pop-stand (sp?) and go off to lovely grad school. I will be like a proper Victorian lady, just painting away all day. Ah, the life.

|