Nov 27, 2004

Post-game wrap-up

So, the big day has come and gone. We had a nice dinner. Everyone was very well-behaved and there were no screaming matches or broken glassware involved, even after the liquor and wine were imbibed, so that's a success. I made sweet potatoes with marshmallows, green beans, and cornbread, which was dry and not so good, perhaps because I used the first recipe Google gave me. We had way too many pies. I ate some of two, and spent the rest of the night in elastic-waisted pants.

Then Friday I had, like, appointments. People to see, people! I had coffee with a friend from high school who now teaches Engish as a Second Language in Texas, and lunch with a friend who still lives in Gaithersburg but I hardly ever see him because he's not really into making the great thirty minute trek downtown. I had to return his Zoolander DVD to him, which I had been holding onto for about a year. I should just break down a buy a copy for myself.

My mom drove me home and we went to the big Hecht's downtown for some Spending of Money I Should Be Saving for School. I am very excited about this fleece bathrobe I bought, which, as I emailed someone just now, I haven't taken off for twelve hours. I am going to lobby Congress to pass legislation making it socially acceptable for people to wear their bathrobes in public, because DAMN, this is one comfy bathrobe.

Now I am watching "Message in a Bottle," because I am a sucker. I know I will cry, because I always cry, and yet...and yet...I cannot look away! I must be a girl. Hope everyone else is having a lovely holiday weekend too!

|