Nov 16, 2004

Errands are, like, hard and stuff

I think my painting is officially fixed. I won't be embarrassed to hang it on the wall next to my classmates', so I am declaring Success and keeping my hands off it so that I don't mess it up any more.

I just got back from doing two errands for my boss. I had to find some presentation covers for this meeting he has tomorrow afternoon. He was looking for a very specific type of binding, so I was concentrating so hard on finding it that I forgot that he needed four sets, and I came back with a few different options but only one of each. Am an idiot! He was not mad, he just sort of shook his head in that "you're an idiot" way I have come to know and love. I tried to play it off by saying "Obviously, two errands are one too many for me, ha ha ha!" but he and I both know that one errand is one too many for me, so whatever.

(My other task was to go to Starbucks, in case you were curious. Regular coffee for him and a latte with skim milk for me.)

On the way back of COURSE I ran into Slash, that guy I had the boring date with the other weekend. I was going to wave and keep going, but he stopped so we had to make small talk on the sidewalk. Awkward.

I am very excited that the hilarious Chicago coworker guy is coming to town tomorrow for those meetings with my boss. Especially because we are all going out for a totally fancy dinner afterwards (you heard it here first: hell has frozen over, because I have been invited out for a schmancy work event). Five of us are going to a painfully hip restaurant and I am going to eat like eating has never been done before. Clear the aisles!

|