Jul 22, 2004

Oh sweet LORD, it is hot out

Because I am a supergenius, it's only just occurred to me to lower the blinds on the window next to my head. It made the temperature drop by about 30 degrees.

Of course today my boss has sent me on 4 separate errands. They have been pretty spaced out over the course of the day, but still. I get just enough time to, like, stop panting, before I am sent back outside. I had to go 3 blocks down the street this morning at around 10:00, and it was already like walking on the surface of Mercury.

On my way back from the bank I had to do the Starbucks run. Now, my boss complains about his wife frittering money away, but almost every day he pays cash money just for a plain hot coffee, when there is free coffee in the office kitchen. I don't get it. Why spend $1.50 for black coffee when you could spend about 30 cents more for something special? Whatever. I am just grouchy about it because it scorched me through the cardboard holder-thing, and my hand is all pink now, like a little piglet.  Soooh weeeeeeeeee! (That was my piglet noise.)

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home